Traditional Absinthe Fountain | 4 faucets
STORE PICK UP/LOCAL DELIVERY ONLY/FREIGHT QUOTE ON APPLICATION
Due to the size and weight of this piece we are unable to offer our regular Australia wide delivery.
For Australia-wide deliveries, a freight quote does apply for this piece.
This is not calculated online and will be in addition to your purchase.
Please contact us for a quote at email@example.com.
This fountain is an exact reproduction of a vintage late 19th century Belle Époque absinthe fountain. The lid is adorned with the classic "pineapple" finial and is removable to add ice water into the glass bowl, which includes a water filter. The glass bowl is mouth-blown and the fountain is handmade.
Absinthe fountains were mostly used in high-end bars because of their expensive price tag. They were brought to the table, where the customer would prepare the absinthe himself. Absinthe fountains were (and still are) the preferred way to prepare absinthe, as one can perfectly control the rate of water. But unfortunately due to accidents, very few fountains have survived intact with its original glass bowl.
- Metallic plating over brass.
- Mouth-Blown, clear glass bowl.
Proper use consists of:
- Pour an ounce of absinthe into an absinthe glass, then place an absinthe spoon on top of the glass and a sugar cube atop the spoon.
- The lid of the fountain is removed and fresh water and ice are added into the glass bowl.
- The spigot is slightly turned and the ice water is slowly dripped from the fountain onto the piece of sugar.
- The cold sugar water then drips from the spoon into the glass of absinthe releasing oils and perfuming the air with fennel, grand wormwood and anise.
- The combination also begins to turn milky white in color, as the water mixes with the anise. Refresh water before each use.
Fountain will accommodate 1 to 4 people at one time. The drink ratio varies from 1 part absinthe, to between 3 to 5 parts water, depending on one's preference.
- Instructions, history of absinthe and FAQs included.
- Accommodates 1 to 4 glasses.
- Simple assembly required.
- Measures 20.75" (52.7 cm) tall (with lid).
- Approximately 8.75" (22.2 cm) under spouts for glasses.
- Glass bowl holds approx. 9 cups (2.1 liters) of water.
Large items including Furniture, Lighting, Rugs, Mirrors, Artwork, Cushion Inserts and Bulky or Fragile items are available for in store collection only OR select FREIGHT QUOTE REQUIRED at check out and we will contact you for a freight quote to your postcode. Thankyou.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Once you have placed your order, your items will be shipped via standard shipping within 1-3 business days.
Please allow 1-2 extra days over public holidays and store closures for your items to be shipped. If you placed an order that requires a freight quote, your order will only be shipped after we have contacted you with the freight quote and you have accepted and approved the quote. Please note, additional freight quotes will be sent for SA/WA, remote and non-metro areas, and for large, bulky, or fragile items.
Standard, Free Shipping & Freight Quote rates:
Orders valued at up to $299 will be shipped at a flat shipping rate of $19* per order.
Orders valued at $299 or more will receive FREE shipping to Sydney, Brisbane & Melbourne Metro Areas*.
*Orders to SA/WA, Remote, and Non-Metro Areas & large, fragile, or bulky items will receive an additional freight quote. For an accurate quote, please email our team with the item you are interested in and your postcode at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not approve the freight quote we will issue a full refund.
POST-PURCHASE FREIGHT QUOTES;
- Orders to SA/WA, Remote, and Non-Metro Areas & large, fragile, or bulky items will receive an additional freight quote. For an accurate quote, please email our team with the item you are interested in and your postcode at email@example.com.
- Freight quotes will be sent separately after payment if an additional cost applies. If you do not approve the freight quote we will issue a full refund.
- Flat shipping rates and free shipping are also dependent on location. Remote areas may incur extra shipping fees and be advised with additional payment is required prior to dispatch.
PRE-PURCHASE FREIGHT QUOTE ESTIMATES:
- If you wish to receive a freight quote estimate, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the items you are interested in as well as your location so we can provide an accurate freight quote before purchase.
- International shipping is available on select items by email enquiry at: email@example.com
- Please let us know what items you are interested in, your location, and your postcode so we can provide you with an accurate freight quote.
- Payment will be made securely over the phone with a member of our team.