Hamptons Style is natural, elegant, considered and welcoming.
This style is the ultimate in sophisticated casual coastal living. Whitewashed walls are adorned with abundant natural light. To anchor the space, furniture choices are often painted in contrasting colours of white, navy, black or natural timber. Open cabinetry acts as the perfect surface to display your decorative objects of photo frames, shells and coral, books and sentimental objects.
The Hamptons style colour palette for decor and soft furnishings are a play of neutrals, blues and sea & celadon greens with fabric choices of washed cotton, natural linens and calico, in combinations of plains, stripes and floral hand-blocked prints.
For a step-by-step guide to creating the ultimate Hamptons look explore our guide below and shop the style online.
- Colour Palette; Shades of white, dark timbers, indigo, celadon greens and duck egg blues.
- Architectural features; Wainscoting, tongue & groove panelling, wide cornice and architectural mouldings.
- Flooring; Wall to wall carpet in bedroom spaces, timber floorboards, cotton rugs in stripes and natural jute & sisal in living spaces.
- Lighting; Wall sconces & pendant lighting with bronze, nickel, brass and glass.
- Window treatments; White or natural timber shutters, sheer cotton or linen curtains and roman blinds.
- Furniture; Cotton and linen slipcovers, occasional chairs, white, black painted or natural timber pieces.
- Fabric; Hues of blues, greens in floral and stripe patterns, hand-blocked graphic prints, natural linens and cottons.
- Art; Botanical and natural history prints and photographs.
- Decorative; Ceramics, mirrored objects, picture frames, elegant trays and natural collected elements of coral, shells and driftwood.
- Plants; Fresh unstructured flower arrangements, exterior boxed hedging of buxus, hydrangea and gardenia.