Suzie Anderson Home — your source of rattan trays in Australia
At Suzie Anderson Home, we offer a variety of rattan trays designed to add character and style to any home. Our rattan serving trays are created using traditional and modern techniques, each piece unique in its own way.
Our range includes round, square and oval-shaped trays in various sizes, colours and textures for you to choose from. Whether you are looking for a practical storage solution or an eye-catching display piece, our trays will add a rustic charm to any interior space.
Our extensive range of Rattan is perfect for all seasons and its versatility lends itself to both interior and alfresco spaces. Environmentally friendly & sustainable, rattan adds a welcoming & natural feel that is perfect at home in Hamptons, Coastal or French Country homes. Our collection includes rattan trays, placemats, baskets, umbrella holders, furniture, decor and more.
Bringing the outdoors in, through woven, raw and repurposed materials, gives the warmth of nature to any room and offers a timeless appeal.
What is rattan?
A climbing vine-like species of palm, rattan is a fast-growing tropical plant that thrives in Indonesia, the Philippines and other areas of South East Asia. It grows in the shape of a pole that varies in size and is regarded as one of the strongest woods, growing as high as 30 metres.
Rattan is perfect for all seasons and its versatility lends itself to interior and alfresco spaces. Mixing rattan alongside plaid and wool cushions in cooler months brings a rustic warmth, whereas styling it amongst cotton and canvas provides a relaxed and cooling space in the warmer seasons due to its lightweight and breathable structure.
Rattan lightens the atmosphere of even the grandest architecture, is associated with exotic travel destinations to understated farmhouses and is a perfect addition to counterbalance fine art and antiques.
Rattan styling ideas
Read our rattan styling journal to learn more.
How to care for rattan trays?
Rattan trays are stylish decor pieces that can last a long time when cared for properly. To ensure you get the most out of your rattan serving trays, here are some tips for caring for them:
- Make sure to keep the tray out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources, as this can cause warping and fading of the rattan material over time.
- When cleaning, use a damp cloth and mild soap solution to gently wipe the tray's surface. Avoid using harsh detergents or scouring pads that can damage the rattan material.
- To prevent staining and scratching, put the placemats on your rattan trays when serving food or drinks.
- To protect from moisture and water, ensure the tray is kept dry and away from humidity or excessive dampness, which can cause mould growth.
- If necessary, use a soft brush to remove any dust or dirt particles that may have accumulated on the tray's surface.
Shop online for rattan trays in Australia today!
Suzie Anderson Home is the place to go if you need rattan decor. In our varied catalogue of homewares and decor, you can find high-quality pieces. Discover our curated assortment of rattan serving trays designed to protect surfaces, add texture, and enliven your home.