How to care for your Chalk Paint & Wax Finish
- In general: Wiping lightly with a damp/dry microfibre cloth should be sufficient to clean.
How do I remove stubborn marks?
- Stubborn marks on waxed pieces can often be removed with a little Clear Chalk Paint® Wax on a cloth, which acts as an eraser.
- If you choose to use cleaner you will eventually wear away the wax, but if you would prefer to use a mild surface cleaner apply using a cloth and test in an inconspicuous area first.
- Regular use of cleaning products may require re-waxing over time.
How do I protect the Waxed surface from damage?
- Always use heat mats and coasters to protect your painted and waxed surfaces. Keep away from extreme temperatures or humidity.
- Waxes dissolve in alcohol, so using it on bars is not advisable.
- Avoid aerosol spray polishes as they may contain solvents or silicone that could dissolve the wax.