Relaxed Country interiors feel warm, relaxed and inviting, with a mix of modern and timeworn furniture, decorative objects and collections.
Furniture is generally informal, unfunny and primarily for comfort and relaxation.
Soft furnishings add colour and interest and artworks and objects are collected over the years and displayed throughout the home on open bookcases and kitchen cabinetry.
Architectural elements for this style include tongue & groove timber cladding, timber architraves and skirting boards. Timber floorboards are softened by sisal, wool or Turkish rugs.
Furniture is often pre-loved or repurposed and timbers are stripped or painted in chalky muted colours presenting a relaxed country aesthetic.
For a step-by-step guide to creating the ultimate Relaxed Country look explore our guide below and shop the style online.
- Colour palette; Chalky whites, dove greys, pastel greens, taupes, soft greys, blues and muted reds.
- Architectural features; Aged patina, textured walls and tongue & groove timber cladding.
- Natural flooring; Painted or natural floorboards, rugs of wool, sisal, and Turkish style. Cotton dhurrie rugs all removable to shake off sand/dirt.
- Lighting; Vintage chandeliers, dome pendants, oversized pendants of raffia, muselin, cane, metal and wicker.
- Window treatments; Natural light & minimal window coverings; Roman blinds, cool breezy natural linen curtains, timber shutters, botanical, ticking stripe or gingham check patterns, timber Venetian blinds, timber shutters and sheer curtains.
- Furniture; Painted chalky repurposed, stripped pine dressers, free standing pieces, pre-loved furniture. Slip-covered super comfy lounges in cottons and linens. Combination of period; modern pieces sit along side antique/shabby chic time-worn pieces.
- Fabric; Hand-blocked mismatched yet coordinated fabric cushions, natural linen and cottons.
- Art; Framed botanical prints, still life compositions and wallpapers.
- Decorative; Baskets to hold towels, logs, throws and magazines. Old leather books, meaningful decorative objects, artworks and 'found' objects.
- Plants; Fresh unstructured flower arrangements, figs, palms, succulents and orchids.
With our collection of songs to audibly accompany the Relaxed Country Style.